As the leading Location Management Platform, Yext is the best way for you to manage your online listings and improve your local search visibility. Here are some tips to improve your searchability:
- Update your business description and featured message at least once a month. The change does not have to be major; simply changing a period to an exclamation will update your listings.
- Add important keywords to your business description. What are some important products, services, or features that potential clients may be searching for? Let them know you have these in your business description.
- You can add the names of the cities, towns, or counties you service to your business description.
- Customize your featured message; make it something people will want to click! This takes them to your website. If you have something seasonal, promotional, new or exciting, feature it here.
- Specify your service area for your Google listing. You can do this by clicking on the address box.
- Add as many relevant categories to your business as you can, and ensure that they are ranked according to importance to your business.
- Enhance your listings with staff bios, products & services, menus, and a calendar.
- Request positive feedback from your customers on popular review sites.
- Share your reviews to Facebook, Foursquare, and/or your website using Review Monitoring.
Adding as much information as possible can really help your listings stand out online. Additionally, by updating information in your Location Manager tab about once a month, you may see up to three times the amount of traffic to your listings. An update can be in the form of changing your featured message, changing the punctuation in your business description, or any other edit that you make to your business information.
To learn more about sharing reviews from your Yext dashboard, please visit this Help Center article.