The Featured Message is a unique element of Yext accounts that allows you to set your business apart from others on search engine results. The Featured Message, which is displayed beneath your business name on search results pages, can hold 50 characters of text about your business such as a slogan, tagline, special offer, or call to action. You can also place your business website (or any website related to your business) in the URL field to make the featured message clickable.
We have found that Yext users who update their Featured Message once a month see up to three times more clicks to their listings. It is wise to change up the content of the message as you can track trends on what messages might be more enticing to potential customers or clients. Moreover, simply changing the content of the message shows that there is activity across all of your Yext listings, something that can help search engine optimization.
Here are some Featured Messages you may consider using, along with examples of each type.
1. Consultations and Estimates
If you are a type of business where you might offer new client incentives such as lawyers, contractors, insurance companies, and doctors/surgeons, utilize your featured message to highlight this.
- “Free consultation upon your first visit.”
- “Free estimates!”
- “Come in today for your free quote.”
2. Flexible Availability
If you want to highlight that you have flexible hours, such as nighttime hours or emergency availability, you can tailor your featured message to emphasize that.
- “Walk-ins welcome! Stop by today!”
- “24/7 emergency service. ”
- “We have evening hours, come in after work!”
3. Deals and Coupons
If you ever have special offers or discounts for your business, this is the perfect place to market that deal.
- “Mention code ‘MAY14’ for 20% off next purchase:”
- “Click here to see a list of our daily specials.”
- “Every 5th coffee is free!”
4. Seasonal Specials
Are you a seasonable business? This can be a great way to capitalize on a slower time of the year or push even more traffic to your listing during the busy season.
- “Get your car tuned up for your summer road trip!”
- “Click here for a list of our Holiday Specials.”
- “Now booking campsites for August!”
5. Scheduling Appointments or Classes
Utilize your Featured Message to prompt people to schedule appointments or classes, if this is something that is relevant to your business. Be sure to use the URL field to link to the part of your website where people can book online.
- “Click here to schedule an appointment online!”
- “Now booking classes for July! Click Here!”
- “Book online and save time!”
If you don't have a website, you can always use the URL field in your featured message link to your social media, or any page on the internet that might be relevant to your business. Using your Featured Message to direct people to your Facebook Page, Youtube account, or Twitter page can be a great way to encourage customers to interact with your business on social media.
- “Click to view our YouTube video!”
- “Like us on Facebook!”
- “Follow us on Twitter! Click to view our page!”
7. Slogans and Taglines
Got a catchy slogan or tagline for your business? Use your featured message as a space to highlight your slogan, this can help you create brand recognition!
- “Keepin’ It Clean Since 1985”
- “Serving Knoxville for Over 35 Years!”
- “For All of Your Sporting Goods Needs”
8. Announcements and/or Business Updates
When you update your information on your Yext account it will update on your listings, but you can utilize your Featured Message to draw extra attention to the changes that you made! The Featured Message will appear on the search results page of many of our partners, so it is a great way to make sure you catch your customer’s attention, and make them aware of the changes.
- “We moved! Now Located at: 123 Red Road”
- “We will be closed on Christmas. Happy Holidays!”
- “New hours, we open at 9 on Wednesdays!”