The Posts widget allows you to make real time updates to your client’s business website. Once installed, the widget will become one of the 4 places you can post updates, photos, and reviews to from your dashboard. We recommend using the Posts widget as a "News and Reviews" section for the website.
How to Create a Posts Widget
- Navigate to the "Knowledge Manager" tab in the dashboard
- Click into the "Widgets" page from the blue navigation bar
- Select "Posts" from the menu on the left
- Select the location or folder with which you would like to associate the widget
- Style your widget by selecting one of the preset themes or click "Advanced" to create your own
- Choose your installation method and add the widget to the desired website*
*Note: You will not be able to select an installation method until you choose or create a theme.
Widget Installation Methods
WordPress: This is the preferred method of installation for WordPress sites, as it boosts SEO. We recommend searching for our plugin in WordPress directly to install it. Then, click into Yext from the menu on the left to paste the authentication code from the dashboard. The next page will display the shortcode that you'll be able to paste wherever you would like the widget to appear.
Embed Code: You can install the widget on any website by copying and pasting the embed code from the dashboard into the website's HTML editor.
Send to My Webmaster: If someone else manages the website, this option can be used to email instructions on how to install the widget. You can specify the "From" and "To" email addresses, as well as personalize the body of the email. Note, the subject line is automatically set to "Please install my Yext content on my website" and cannot be adjusted.