In order to get your customer's Google My Business listing live, you (or the business owner) must verify the business' information. Below are a few easy steps to begin the verification process.
1) Log In to your Google account at business.google.com. Use the green SIGN IN button in the top right corner.
- If the button is not there, you may already be logged in. Please ensure you are logged in with the correct account. Click on the User icon in the top right corner.
- If this is not the correct account, sign out, and sign back in with the correct username and password.
2) If your location has not been verified, you will see this:
Click on VERIFY NOW and follow the steps to find your business address on Google Maps.
3) Select the MAIL option to request your Verification Postcard. It may take anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks to receive. Do not request multiple cards for the same location. Each request nullifies the previous one.
4) Once you have received the Verification Postcard, log back in to your account at business.google.com or google.com/verifymybusiness. You can enter the 6 digit code on the postcard and complete the process. The Google My Business listing should be searchable soon enough!