It’s important to note that for each Listing Scan that you or your clients perform, the scan will generate 7 requests to the Google Places API. By default, Google gives each account the ability to send 1,000 requests per day free of charge, but you will need to enable billing in your project to send requests in excess of that limit. Doing so will ensure that your Listing Scan will always include Google data.
If you have not yet created a billing account, you can do so by following the steps below.
If you have already created a billing account, ensure that billing is enabled for your project (see Google’s APIs and billing).
- Click the menu button in the top left corner of the page and select “Billing”.
- In the Enable billing for project dialogue box, click Create billing account.
- Accept the terms and conditions, and enter your billing details.
- Click Submit and enable billing.
- Click (or ) in the upper-left corner of the page, and select API Manager.
- Click Google Places API Web Service at the bottom of the Dashboard.
- Click Quotas.
Your total quota should now be 150,000 requests per day.
You have successfully increased your request quota and can now proceed to Step 5 of How to Add Google My Busines to your Listing Scan