This article explains the address requirements for Yext, and how to update your address if your listings are unavailable because of an invalid address.
At the present time, Yext is only available for listings that include a valid numeric street address (which cannot be a post office box). Our agreements with our publishers require that every business provide a street address, so we are unable to process listings without them. We do offer an option to suppress your address if you do not wish to display it, however some publishers will be unavailable if you activate this option.
When setting up a client, you should pick an address associated with their business and use it as the address for their listings. As long as the address is a physical place where the business has a presence, it may be used for Yext. For example, many customers will use the headquarters or home office of their business, even if customers do not visit them there.
The following are examples of unacceptable street addresses:
- The post office
- A public place, such as a shopping center
- Someone's home that does not belong to you
- A made-up address
- A P.O. Box
If your client's listings are unavailable because of an invalid address, and you wish to update this, you can follow the steps below:
- Log into your Yext account by visiting www.yext.com/login
- Click on the "Location Manager" tab and select the location you would like to update.
- The business address section is on the upper left side of the screen under "Required Listing Information." Click on the address field to open it up for editing.
- Enter a valid street address in the first box under "Address", if your address includes a suite, unit number, etc., enter that into the 2nd address line.
- If your business does not have a place for customers to visit, be sure to click the check box that says "Do not display my address in my listing."
- Click Save. Your listings should all update within 3-5 business days.
If the address is valid, but you are still receiving this error message, please contact email@example.com.
At this time, Yext only supports the listing of mobile businesses with a single address in each general geographical area, and this address must be for a location where the business has a physical presence from which it operates. For example, a plumber can provide their home address, and they will be advertised in the local area surrounding their home.