In addition to displaying your Products & Services, Bios, Menus & Events on your listings, you can use the Yext Platform to create widgets for your website. A widget can contain one or all of your Products & Services, Bios, Menus & Events of a given type, and you can customize its appearance to match your site.
Steps to create a Products & Services, Bios, Menus & Events widget
- Click on the 'Location Manager' tab. Then click on 'Widgets' in the blue bar at the top.
- In the left-hand menu, click on the type of list you would like to include in your widget. Create should appear to the right of the type's name.
- If you have more than one list of that type, select the List you would like your widget to contain. To create a widget that displays all your Lists of the chosen type, select All Product Lists, All Bios, All Calendars, or All Menus.
- Under Choose your Theme, select one of the available themes.
- A live preview of what your widget will look like with the chosen theme appears on the right-hand side of the page.
- (Optional) To view or edit specific settings within a theme, such as colors and fonts, click Advanced. If you make any edits to one of the pre-built themes, the Custom theme is automatically selected.
- Any changes you make are shown in the live preview on the right-hand side of the page.
- Under Choose your installation method, select one of the following options:
- WordPress - If you have not already created a widget for WordPress, you are prompted to install the Yext plugin and are given an authentication code. Otherwise, you are given a shortcode that you can embed in your WordPress site, along with your authentication code, in case you need to reinstall the Yext plugin.
- Send to my webmaster - If you select this option, you are asked to enter or review information in the following fields:
- From - Your Yext email address automatically appears in this field. You can change it, if necessary. Changing your email address here does not change the email address in your Yext user settings
- To - Enter your webmaster's email address in this field. You can only enter one email address. If you need to send the email to multiple people, enter your email address here, and forward the email to whomever needs it.
- Message - A suggested message automatically appears in this field, but you can edit it to meet your needs. Your message can contain up to 5,000 characters.
- When you have finished making your edits, click Send email.
You have successfully created a widget.