Yext's Widgets feature allows you to create and edit widgets, as well as view their shortcodes, in WordPress. To do so, you must first set up the Yext WordPress plugin in your instance of WordPress.
There are three ways to install and activate the plugin. Once the installation and activation are complete, you need to submit the provided authentication code to link your Yext account to your instance of WordPress,
Search for it in WordPress
- Log into Wordpress
- On the left panel, click on "Plugins"
- Click "Add New"
- In the search box, enter Yext and press Search Plugins
- Locate the Yext Plugin in the search results and press install.
- Click on Plugins and locate Yext in the list.
- Click "Activate Plugin"
- Enter Yext Authentication code ( accessed in the pages tab in your account)
- Yext is now installed!
Upload it in WordPress
- Go to the Yext plugin homepage at http://wordpress.org/plugins/yext/. You can also get to this page by clicking either the Get the plugin button or the Get the WordPress plugin right here link after selecting WordPress as your widget's installation method.
- Click the red Download button to download yext.zip.
- In the left-hand menu of your WordPress Dashboard, point to Plugins, and select Add New from the list that appears.
- Click Upload near the top of the page.
- Click Choose File, select yext.zip, and then click Open.
- (Note: The file MUST be a complete zip file to upload successfully)